Our life depends on minerals

A week ago, I got my hands on a very nice pamphlet, produced by SME -Association of Mining Companies. Reading through the pages, I realized that our lives, depend on minerals of some sort. Triggered as I was, I decided to share my discovery with you.


Look around you. You see cars, airplanes, ships, buildings, roads, bicycles, TV sets, cell phones, fax machines and printers, keyboards and mouses, computers and monitors, kitchen utensils, your toothpaste and your watch.... To name just very few.

Nearly everything we use in our daily life derives from one or more minerals that are "magically" transformed into things that our life depends on. Like a lamp or an incubator or a pacemaker.
Producing this post and reading it depends on minerals. Wow!!!
Can we have internet without copper?

The cans with our favorite sodas are made from aluminum. That's something you have learned after visiting Vagonetto.

At the end of the day it's all about the earth and viable growth. Since our life depends on minerals, what we humans need to do, is get these things out of the earth, in such a manner and fashion, that next generations will not be short of the things we enjoy today.

To find out more, visit SME site at www.sme.gr and www.orykta.gr Much to my regret both sites are currently in Greek only.